Friday, January 23, 2009

Random Things of the Week

This morning I saw a guy dressed in full camo gear - pants, jackets everything - a a bright pink hat. It was awesome!

Driving home I saw someone dancing at the cross street sign. Not dancing in a way like those itunes commercials but in a "I am rehearsing for a performance" kind of way. It was really cool. Til he crossed the street with the walk sign and then continued to dance on and off the curb of the oncoming traffic. That is when it turned a little scary. Practice only on the sidewalk or else you may never make it to the show.

There is a kid in Kids Club that I adore and think is totally cute and lovable, but is just that little side of odd that I think he will probably end up in special ed sometime in the near future. He's only in first grade and he just 'doesn't get it' on a scale that is totally gettable at his age. He is hilarious though. Cute little speech problems make him almost impossible to understand. And no matter what is going on, if you are outside in a line with him for longer than 3 minutes, he will be covered (head-to-toe) in dirt and mud - he rubs his hands on the ground, in the mud, whatever, and then rubs it on his face. He does the same thing with markers and paints - entirely covers his hands and then rubs his hands across his face. But it's adorable because he then looks like he is covered in multi-colored war paints. I think this kid is cute as a button, but seriously needs a little more attention and a slower pace than pretty much any regular school program can give him. Sad, but still doesn't take away from his lovability factor.

I believe the number of kids who 'head butt' things has substantially increased since I was a kid. Everyday I see at least one kid head butt a fellow classmate, door, backpack or random wall. It is funny and quite odd. Not sure how it will effect the future generations gene pool though.

Despite how pretty it has been outside it is still too damn cold to ride my scooter 25 miles (one way) to work. Shucks!

I am really realizing just how much I enjoy exercising. I truly truly do. The feeling when you reach 'the zone' and everything is just moving without all the thought and pain is incredible. I love it. I think it is even better than sex.

I am just not that in to chocolate anymore. It is totally surprising and completely out-of-character but true. I had a cupcake Monday and another one tonight as the first chocolate I have had since Christmas and honestly, I could have taken it or left it. Strange but true. And I am REALLY glad about it.

I made a maze today for the first time in years. I am going to have the kids at kids club work on it next week. It's quite difficult and I am really impressed with how well I did. I will certainly be making more of them.

After having a long weekend and then off Tuesday too, I can truthfully say there really is nothing worth watching on TV and I can't stand to just randomly watch television. I only watch movies on TV and after about 4 commercial breaks (that's like 10 minutes of movie time) I am done. I loathe commercials. Seriously loathe them.

Lastly, I am much happier since my job change. I am feeling more positive, more upbeat and more energized about life in general. I hope other aspects of life pick up too, soon. Glad the work part is settled for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment