Friday, March 27, 2009

Updates and Thoughts

I would love to write an actual blog that reads like a paragraph or something but why? It isn't what you expect anymore is it? May be what you want but then you wouldn't be reading my blog of lists. Infact, maybe I should just change it to that title sometime. Anyway here are the things I have experience, seen, felt and/or realized over the last few weeks - as some of you know, MANY changes recently. Here goes:

* I am REALLY happy.
* My cat (Rocky) and I are back in love and just happy as little clams. We cuddle and he purrs all the time. How sweet is that?
* I am so excited and nervous about summer camp I can barely contain myself.
* I hate coughing. It hurts, it sounds bad and it scares people into thinking you are much worse off than you are. It sucks. But man! It sure is a back work out. I would almost KILL for a massage at this point.
* I think playing music almost constantly now vs having a tv or movie on is so wonderful. Why did I ever stop?
* Singing and karaoke are wonderful things. I knew this but having been doing it every night now for a week it is awesome. Sometimes I'll be glad to have nights off again but overall it has been great!
* I am liking meeting and getting to know new people. It is wonderful to have a way to meet so many and it is an amazing experience to find those with similar interests.
* I know people have their opinions and concerns but I still wish they could say them and then be somewhat supportive. It hurts when you feel you are doing things right for you and others don't. Concern is nice and caring is wonderful but at some point everyone needs to realize that maybe they aren't as good as a judge of things as that individual themselves.
* It feels wierd knowing that I now have a very visible and very large (for me) tattoo on my back. I like it but it's wierd.
* I am not sure if I am spellig wierd right or not. Weird. Wierd. I want to say it is weird but with the whole "i" before "e" thing I change it. I have to say... as a 'teacher' who quotes that rule, I sure don't feel as though it is truthful most of the time. I mean really... I pisses me off. But anyway, how do you spell it? Wierd? Weird? Correct me please....
* Vitamin D is a gift from Heaven. Seriously.
* I think I am blogging to avoid sorting through all of my 'business' crap on my table. Hmmm...
* It is so nice to have some really great guy-friends who I truly feel are brotherly towards me. Of course why are they all named Mike? hmmm...
* My dad is using the inside of their house as an archery range. He stands in the living room and shoots arrows through the living room, past the bedroom, down the hall and into the target wedged into the closet.
* My dad ROCKS!
* My parents little dog keeps going over to my grandparents house (right next door) every morning and won't go home til dark. They have to force him to leave. Dad denies it but I bet it is related to the indoor archery range he has created inside the home. Just thinking...
* My mom has become a great listener and great friend. Seriously. We had some issues there but I think she is really becoming maternal and in that we are getting closer. It's amazing and wonderful.
* I am seriously considering taking some beads down to Saturday Market tomorrow or something and seeing if a vendor wants to buy some. Why not? Worst case they say no but how is that different than me not even asking?
* I really need to get downtown and start planning Waldo. I really need to start recruiting Waldos.
* I added the Staff Page of the camp I am working at on my facebook. I hope they don't read my profile, freak out and tell me not to come. I don't know why I think they would but still.

* I don't know how long any of the things mentioned above (the good stuff) will last but I am truly grateful for however long they stick around. Truly.

3 comments:

  1. It's "weird". I just remember that it's usually "i before e except after c", but weird is a weird word so it's different.

    Of course there are also about 10 million other exceptions...

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_before_E_except_after_C

    ReplyDelete
  2. I before E, except after C, except in cases where it makes the "A" sound like neighbor, and in cases that are just plain weird. That's how I learned it anyway.

    ReplyDelete