Saturday, February 7, 2009

25 More Things About Me

Since I tend to think in bullet points and have actually had quite a lot of experiences in life I realized I could write more things than just the 25 from before. So, here are 25 more things about me....

1) I have bungee jumped and sky dived. I would gladly sky dive again and plan to but I would NEVER bungee jump and I would actually advocate anyone against it. Worst thing I ever did - I have chronic back problems from it and I strained my retina. Horrible. Don't do it!
2) I have a crooked front tooth I got from a playground accident. A friend was swinging and told me to 'come here.' I did and got kicked squarely in the face. Then spun round and landed (open mouthed) onto a big rock. Yes, there was a lot of blood and a lot of pain.
3) Spinning off from #2 I would LOVE to get Invisiline sometime. I *hate* my crooked teeth. Everyone says it is cute and part of my personality and adds character. Well, I would be ok with a little less character.
4) My sophmore year of high school I danced around the gym to the song "I've got the power" by Snap. I was running for Spirit Rep and thought it would show spirit. I lost (probably by a lot). Many classmates remember this and mention it often. I don't mind too much. It wasn't 'embarrassing' in a conventional sense. I could see me doing something similar now actually.
5) Similar to #4, I don't seem to have the usual 'dork' receptors that others have. I do things that can be considered dorky or silly or lame quite often. When I was younger this sometimes prevented me from having friends, I think. I think many people thought I was a dork. As I have gotten older I have tended to feel as if I am not a dork, I just do dorky things. Basically, I am always up for a luahg and willing to do anything to give others a laugh too. Personally, I don't think it makes me dorky, I think it adds character. Maybe that is just what I tell myself....
6) I feel like I can honestly say I have been in love 3 times and that each time it was stronger and more intense than the time before. I don't think it means I wasn't in love with the others but that with each new love, my definition, understanding and ability to love has changed.
7) I study serial killers for fun. I am fascinated by them - how they can do what they do and why.
8) I am moderately obsessed with Howard Hughes and know a great deal about him. I am a recovering germaphobe and can relate to a lot of what he felt and went through. He was a very troubled and interesting person.
9) I LOVE to sing and sing almost everyday. There is nothing that gives me more joy in the world than singing.
10) I often fight the urge to get in the car and just go. Find a new place and start completely fresh, on my own. It isn't that I don't love my friends or want them in my life. It's just that I tend to get a very claustrophobic feeling every so often and literally have to force myself to go home and remain 'here.' I love my friends in Portland so much and my current career path that I doubt I'd ever do it. But I don't ever entirely rule it out.
11) I have raced a fast car in the Portland Adult Soap Box Derby. I actually came in 4th and had the best time. I would be doing it again this year if I weren't going to Maine.
12) I have had the following careers/jobs: lobbyist, legislative aide, tour guide, retail (jewerly store), accountant, research assistant (biochemistry), barista, gardener, activity coordinator and food service. I have no 'need' to have a set career. I have always thought that at the 'end' of my life I would look back and at that point see what I 'was' professionally. I currently work with kids and think that will be the general theme from now on.
13) I have earned money (though never regularly as in a job) for the following things: singing, writing, event coordination, driver, and personal assistant.
14) I used to want to be President of the United States. No joke and I meant it with total sincerity.
15) In a similar vien as #14, I have a drawing in a lock-box that had a timeline of my life and what year and age I would be when I accomplished what goals. I wrote it in middle school. I have done NONE of those things and I am glad.
16) I am very artistic and creative in 3-dimensional space (sewing, knitting, anything with clay, etc.) but lack any real talent in 2-dimensional space. Both of my parents are fantastic artists and can draw anything you want. I can draw stick figures and that is about it.
17) My personal measure of success as to when I feel I will finally have made it is the following: a vehicle (my Scion, a Jeep or a hybrid of some form) witha bicycle on a bike rack, a kayak on top and a dog in the front seat. To me this symbolizes everything I truly want in life - adventure, water and undying loyalty and companionship (mutually).
18) In my ideal world we wouldn't use money but work on a barter and trade system. Money is a necessary evil in my world. I detest it and everything it symbolizes. I don't like how it makes people think or act towards others. I don't like talking about money because I am so against it in principle it is hard for me to relate to people who place a lot of their own worth and value on how much money they have. Honestly, there is NOTHING I find more unappealing in a person than interest in money. Nothing.
19) There is something I only recently learned to do that many people learn to do when they are much younger. I only tried for the first time about a year ago. Since then I have become good at it and now do it often. I will not say what it is in this blog.
20) I feel like I am a runner/athlete trapped in the body of an unfit person. I desperately feel this way and want (almost more than anything) to find the strength, courage and responsibility to make the changes necessary to finally physically be that runner/athlete I know I truly, truly am.
21) I have never gone camping in a tent and really really want to. Thought I would get to this past summer and didn't but still have hope I will sometime, possibly while in Maine. If not, I guess I will buy my own and see what happens.
22) I love kissing. To me, kissing is one of the greatest, most wonderful intimate experiences you can share with someone. I have a total oral fixation that I don't get to express nearly as much as I want. Ideally, I'd like to have some 'make out time' everyday. Kissing that leads no where else but kissing. I find it to be more meaningful and intimate than most others things at times.
23) I love to read and learn new things. There is really nothing that I can think of that I don't want to know about or learn about. Happy things or sad things, good things or bad things - I love to experience life and I love to learn and read about new fascinating topics.
24) I am one degree below a black belt in karate, know how to fence and am a Sharp Shooter by army standards. At one time I could break a board with my hand, wina fencing match in under 5 moves and once shot a 5" circle out of a plastic target making the entire piece fall out behind the target - much to the shock of the other male soldiers and the Drill Sergeant.
25) Though I always wanted to be a mother and have kids, I married someone who never wanted them at all. After 6 1/2 years of being told it would never happen, I gave up. Since I got divorced it took a while but I warmed to the idea and was actually excited that I would someday be able to be a mother. However, as of today, I can't say for certain whether or not I truly want to have kids. For me, it would involve having a stable, healthy, loving relationship beforehand and one that I know would last and/or being completely alone and knowing that I would be doing it all on my own. Either way there are so many things I feel I 'need' before I ever would have kids that right now I am holding off and can't predict with any certainty that I will ever be a mother. Perhaps I will just settle for being a teacher.

Hope this isn't too boring of a list or that I got too long-winded on some of them. I could probably do yet another 25 but who wants to know 75 things about me? Really?! Boring!

2 comments:

  1. I totally concur with #22 and am now dying to know #19; put it up in facebook maybe? Send me a random email?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure I am going to tell #19. I would rather have people speculate. I'd be surprised if anyone guesses. I believe there are only 3 people who actually know this and of those, I am sure all 3 have forgotten and/or don't think about it (I hope not!).

    ReplyDelete