Sunday, August 30, 2009

Recently

Recently there have been a lot of changes, additions, subtractions and frustrations in my life. Though I could go on and on in detail about these events I won't. Instead I am choosing to focus on the good stuff and try and learn from those things that have been less than positive. In doing so I have decided to share what I have learned so far with the world.

* Though I am a positive person I sure do 'look for the negative' more than I care to admit. This usually means that I am stressed about stuff I shouldn't be or have no reason to be yet and that I am unwilling to 'drop' stuff easily. This has lead to my annoying those closest to me. I see this behavior, I am not proud of it and I am going to work very hard on changing it.
* I am someone who likes to have my own time and space. I need to be more mindful of those who also feel this way. When I want it it isn't a reflection upon those I care about but more of a decompression from life in general. I need to remember I am not alone in feeling that way.
* While I was away I leaned very hard on those close to me here. I called a lot, texted a lot, etc. It was a way I 'stayed afloat' while gone and going through so much stress. However, since I have been back I have continued this type of behavior with those close to me. I call, text and generally 'overwhelm' a lot more than I was aware of. I have to realize fully that I am home now and floating just fine on my own. And now that I am I am doing nothing but dragging those I care about down under the same water I am trying to stay out of. So... now I must back off, cut back and calm down. If I don't I run the risk of losing those close to me and I am not willing to take that gamble.
* I need to get better about taking people at their word. If someone says they aren't mad at me, I need to believe it. If someone says they want to be with me, I need to believe it. Again, I must focus on the positive.
* I have gotten very good at not stressing over work/money stuff. I may worry a bit but I also am confident that fate will bring me what I need to survive. So far, that instinct has paid off well. However, I haven't gotten good at doing that in other areas of my life. Instead my recent approach has been to hold on to things so tight I almost assist in their demise. Thus it is time I learn to let go and let karma take over. I need to stop forcing or driving things and see where I am naturally guided instead.
* I believe being a part of my life takes more patience on the part of others than I sometimes care to admit. However, I do believe I am worth it and hope they do to.

Those are the big points I have come to see of late. I believe if I can appreciate these facts and make some minor changes then I can weather most situations with my close friends and my boyfriend at my side. That's the ultimate hope and goal, right? So let's see if I am right (hope so).

No comments:

Post a Comment